July 8, 2011

Florida Vacation

June 20th? For real? It’s been THAT long since I updated last? Time flies when you’re having fun…and when it’s summer! So, let’s backtrack a bit, shall we?  We shall. Stacy and I, along with three other teacher friends went on a vacation to Florida at the end of June through the first couple days of July.  We took Stacy’s husband’s beast of a vehicle because it had a truck bed which obviously equals unlimited luggage space. Holla!  We were set to leave Stacy’s house at 4am on Sunday and drive our sixteen hour drive to arrive in Lakeland, Florida around 11ish, including stops and a one-hour time change. Nicole picked the three of us girls up so only one car would be parked at Stacy’s all week while we were gone. Ya know how I said the truck had unlimited luggage space? Yea, well, cars don’t.  We had to get four girls’ week-long-Florida- trip-luggage into her CAR. When we got to Casandra’s house the car was pretty much packed, but Renee and Casandra were determined to fit it all in. As Nicole and I sat in the car(four people trying to help would just be too much---READ—it was 3:45am and we were tired.) But, hey, Nicole was nice enough to push her trunk button! J  Renee and Casandra lifted her luggage and pushed and pushed and pushed and shoved and shoved and shoved and the car rocked and rocked and rocked back and forth, back and forth, and Nicole says, “If the car’s a rockin’,...we all should have packed lighter!”  HA. We got to Stacy’s and unloaded our luggage into the beast and got on our way, with the help of Mrs. GPS.  This was the first Mrs. GPS that didn’t annoy me, by the way. She wasn’t obnoxious. She only spoke(not yelled) when she needed to. She was a pleasant GPS. She didn’t say “recalculating” hardly at all the entire trip. She was just great. She’s welcome to be the sixth bitch on a road trip anytime. Anyway, we got to our destination, which was Stacy’s parent’s house mansion. First thing that popped into my head when I walked in was, “Are we filming an episode of cribs while we’re here?” So, naturally, we did, with my handy dandy flip cam---which are on sale for 77 buckaroos at Walmart right now. GO.GET.ONE.  (I would take videos of my kids reading a familiar book as a class, doing the Tooty Ta, Stacy used hers for her kids to do book reviews, and THEN all you do is plug it right into your computer and up it goes onto your SMARTboard for your kiddiddles’ viewing pleasure. They’re FAB. )

 Anyway, Florida in a nutshell with a few ramblings here and there.

Here we go:

 Day 1 (Monday): Wake up, breakfast, get in pool for 15 minutes until our nemesis for the week came, RAIN.  We decided it was going to rain all day so Stacy’s mom went and picked up Subway for us and we ate lunch in the lanai and then relaxed a bit and got ready for dinner and a movie. We went to a Mexican restaurant and to see Hangover 2. We took advantage of some of the cardboard cutout posters that were in the lobby of the theatre and proceeded to send them to our principal. She laughed and was thankful that only Stacy was in the picture and not all of us. Ha Ha





Day 2 (Tuesday): Again, our nemesis showed up all day. We went to downtown Lakeland for a little shopping, but we only went into a couple of shops because the rest of the downtown area was restaurants and businesses. I don’t think anyone bought anything, as they were over priced(IMO)  knick knack type of items.  Then we went to a huge teacher store. I think we all left with a bag or two of goodies! Success! Then we headed to Target and Publix, the grocery store. Stacy’s brilliant idea was to do a “Let’s Make a Meal” themed dinner. Before we left for the day we wrote “appetizer, bread, side dish, dessert, and salad” on five different pieces of paper.
For some reason the "dessert" paper is missing.


 (Stacy’s dad handled the main dish, which was delicious chicken!) Then we each had to pick a paper and it was our job to find a recipe online before we went out for the day and when we got to the grocery store we teamed up and got the ingredients each of us needed and then went home to prepare. Oh yea, Britney Spears was at Publix, no big deal.  We turned the aisle and I glimpsed out of the corner of my eye and BAM! There she was!  I quickly grabbed Stacy’s arm/cart and drug her a few aisles down so she could be my witness.  There she was! Seventy-five year old Britney Spears!!  This woman was DECKED.OUT.  Ohmygraciousgoodness...75 years old, and I’m being generous, 5-inch white stripper heels, dark, holy, skinny jeans, a white ruffled sleeveless top, long, bleach blonde hair, and SUNGLASSES....inside. Work it, girl! By girl, I mean grandma. Anyway, she was a sight. Obviously, we tried following her, but didn’t want to seem suspicious. But, we HAD to get a better look!! It was like a bad accident, ya know, the kind you just can’t look away from? Stacy and I both tried snapping pictures of her with our cell phones, but neither turned out. We couldn’t be TOO obvious. To top it off, we saw her later with her man.  Totally thought she would be cougaring it up, but nope, not Brit Brit. She was with an old man wearing jeans and a flannel shirt. He looked like a good ‘ole farmer boy. Precious, right?  I guess you really can feel fabulous at any age! Go Grandma, It’s your birfday! Enough about Grandma Barbie, back to the house we went.  I’ll include some pictures of our cooking extravaganza. It all turned out great and it was a lot of fun! I can’t wait to do it with my girl friends at home! So fun!





Day 3(Wednesday): The sun BEST be out today, right?!? Wrong answer.  Again, rain—why must you be so annoying? My only goal for Florida was to get a tan!! Wah! I can’t hate on the rain too much though, because, you guys, you guys, you guys, we drove to Orlando and went to...drum roll please...IfreakingKEA. IKEA. IKEA. IKEA. Or, shall I call it, “Heaven on Earth.” They should really consider changing their name. I’ve never been, so I didn’t know what to expect. I’ve heard people talk about how great it is, but OMGah, this place was awwwww-some! Let’s just say, I walked out with a cuteashell area rug, three, yes THREE end tables,(one I will be using in my classroom putting shower board on the top for a word work station) a wine rack, cutting boards, knives, and a bunch of other little miscellaneous items for $85.00. HOLLAAAA!!!  Thank goodness for that unlimited luggage rule. After leaving heaven we went to an outlet mall in Orlando and I was this close to buying my very first Coach purse. But, I didn’t. I bought a bunch of other stuff though, including a really cute pair of blue Nike shoes at the Nike outlet, some scarves, perfume, and who knows what else. Confession: I have a problem. I’m a hardcore impulsive shopper. I will go spend a couple hundred bucks somewhere and when I get home, I won’t even be able to tell you what I bought.  So, I’m not sure if it’s an impulsive shopping problem or a memory problem, but either way, I have a huge problem.  After our Glorious-Day-O’-Shopping, we hit up a Redbox, because you know, Dolla make ya holla! We got a couple of chick flicks and headed back to the house. We watched Love and Other Drugs and ummm….well, if you didn’t have a crush on Jake Gyllenhaal before watching that movie, then you will after watching the movie. I couldn’t stop saying, “He is sooo hot!” throughout the whole movie. Between watching Adam Levine on The Voice and Jake Gyllenhaal in the movie all in one night, I was a happy girl! Those are some guys that are easy on the eyes! I rhymed there. Did you notice that? I should be a poet.



I love my blue shoes, I love my blue shoes! (Pete the Cat)
Too much pretty for one picture.
Yes, please.

Day 4 (Thursday): SUN!!!!!!!!!!! Not. At this point, I’m thinking I’m getting punk’d. Did we drive 16 hours to Florida to get rained on everyday and NOT come home with a tan? I told the girls I would be hitting up a tanning booth before I saw anyone from back home if the sun didn’t come out. To make matters worse, we’re all receiving those loving texts from our friends and family, “98 and sunny here!” Hardy har har.  Joke’s on us! Thursday we just lounged around the house, had Chinese for lunch, watched another movie and then got ready later and went to a little sports bar for dinner. When we got home we decided we would watch, “Just Go With It” with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. WORST.MOVIE.EVER.  Seriously, Aniston, Sandler, Dave Mathews, Nicole Kidman, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Our mouths were left open after every line with how ridiculous it was. Again, thought I was getting punk’d. This was another Redbox movie, and this time, Dolla does NOT make me holla, makes me want to scream!
Redbox FAIL...get it? "Fail" inside a redbox, which is exactly what that movie was!


Day 5(Friday—Our LAST day) SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For real this time!! We finally got to lay out at the pool for five straight hours! We all got a nice tan and had some great conversation. Would you rather questions, Non-negotiable characteristics in significant others for the single ladies(All the single ladies! Put ya hands up!) Now it’s in your head! Haha. Bet your brain is saying, “Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh) what do you love most about your husband for the married ladies, how did you get proposed to, etc. etc. Fun times!  After our pool day, we got ready and went to dinner, came home, filmed our episode of Cribs and packed our stuff to get ready to leave bright and early the next morning.

It was a GREAT trip with GREAT company and I’m so happy that I work with ladies who all get along so well. Stacy’s mom kept saying, “It’s so nice to see a group of ladies who get along like you all do!”  It’s true. I’m very blessed to work with these ladies! LOVE.THEM.



So, that was just Florida and that would bring us to the happenings until July 2nd. July 3rd was my aunt’s birthday party that I mentioned in a previous post. The party went really well, except as soon as the Luau-themed party started(and was all supposed to be outdoors), hey guess what? I bet you’ll never guess. RAIN!!! So, my HUGE family piled into my grandparent’s tiny house, but it all worked out great and everyone had a good time.  Fourth of July-Spent the day with my family and went and saw fireworks with a bunch of my cousins. The next entry I post will be all about the school projects I’ve been doing this week after finding AWESOME ideas from pinterest and of course, blogs! If you’re still reading this, you’re a trooper and thank you for reading this much! Ha!  Since it’s Friday, I leave you with this..Enjoy!
Have a great weekend!!!
-StacEy




No comments:

Post a Comment