August 4, 2011

Summer Projects

Hey guys! I don't know about you, but I am a SUPER-DUPER visual person.  I'm going to spare you the loooooong post tonight and instead just put up a few pictures from things I have been working on since I last updated. Enjoy, besties!
The colors I used to paint my shelves of my new, beautiful, colorful shelving unit.
 I told my uncle what I wanted and he created my Duh-REAM cubbies. I'm obsessed.
Good Gracious. I don't know if anyone else watches Big Brother, but the "after dark" part is on right now and Brendan and Rachel are on the LAST of the nerve. If I have to hear him tell her he loves her ONE more time. He is being very "Guard and Protect your Heart"-ish right now. Vomit.
Just painting away...
Ok, one more rant. I KNOWWW you watched Teen Mom last night. I just have ONE question. Did Amber tell her realtor she wanted a house that was, "Two bedroom, spacious, secluded, nice neighborhood." Um, I'm sorry, did you say an eight by eight cement block with vertical bars in the front? She is ALSO on the last of the nerve. Looove Tyler and Catelynn...bless their little hearts.
All of the boards painted and stacked. Ready for my uncle to work his Emm-Ay-Jee-Eye-See!


The beautiful cubbies. OBSESSED.

The next thing that I'm super excited to add to my classroom this year is a rocking chair that just makes me happy looking at it. Last year when I got my job, I thought I wanted a rocking chair, but I didn't want an old brown, boring one, so I spray painted it yellow. I'm horrible at spray painting and it ended up looking NOT SO cuteashell. It never made it to my classroom. There just wasn't a space that I liked it in, and I really just didn't like the way it turned out period. So, my parents' basement got a gift for a year! After I painted my shelves I still had paint left over and I thought what the heck, let's go try something on that rocking chair. This is the finished product...Pictures with it IN my classroom are soon to follow.

Reminds me a little bit of "A Bad Case of Stripes," except with polka dots.
Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Am I weird or does anyone else see it?


Finally, I will leave you with the first things I saw when I walked into my classroom bright and early Monday morning.

EVERYTHING in the middle of the room and on the coatrack. That thing is strong! And tangled computer wires. Does that give anyone else a headache just looking at it?

I've been in my room all week and I have made some definite progress. I will post before and after pictures soon! I had desks last year and this year I got tables. Thank you baby Jesus for helping me make the hard decision to switch to tables. With desks, I never would have needed my new, beautiful, colorful, makes-me-happy-looking-at-them, cubbies. Have fun working in your rooms, everyone! I love looking at everyone's pictures!! As you will see in my next post, there are little pieces of  A LOT of you in my little old classroom in O'Fallon, Missouri!
--StacEy

No comments:

Post a Comment